Helpful Resources for Ukrainian Community in Philadelphia
Програма ЗУАДК-у для біженців - громадянам України - тимчасово зупинена з 1.1.2023 р.
Ukraine Immigration Task Force
Important USCIS Uniting for Ukraine News
United Ukrainian American Relief Committee Inc, Joins Welcome.US Effort to Mobilize 100,000 Americans to Sponsor Ukrainians Seeking Refuge in the United States
Following Announcement of Uniting for Ukraine program, nearly 70 organizations sign on to historic effort to support people fleeing Ukraine
Washington, D.C.—Today, following the announcement from the Biden-Harris Administration that people fleeing Ukraine will be eligible for humanitarian parole in the United States with a sponsor through a streamlined process starting Monday, April 25, United Ukrainian American Relief Committee, Inc. joined Welcome.US in an initiative to mobilize 100,000 Americans to sponsor and welcome people fleeing the war in Ukraine and make it possible for them to come to the United States.
To mobilize 100,000 Americans as sponsors, Welcome.US is partnering with a diverse coalition of public leaders and organizations. In addition to United Ukrainian American Relief Committee, Inc. the coalition includes Ukrainian American community organizations, resettlement agencies, service organizations, and other nongovernmental organizations with a long tradition of supporting newcomers.
United Ukrainian American Relief Committee, Inc and Welcome.US are calling on Americans to step up as “Welcomers” by taking five key actions to help Ukrainians right now:
- Learn more about directly sponsoring people fleeing the war in Ukraine and seeking refuge at ukraine.welcome.us.
- Be a Welcomer by signing up to get updates and connecting to volunteer opportunities and other ways to show your support.
- Make a donation to the Welcome Fund, which allows Americans to easily donate to the nonprofit organizations working directly to address the most urgent needs of newcomers rebuilding their lives in communities across the country. 100% of Welcome Fund donations support frontline organizations responding to Ukrainians, Afghans, and others fleeing their homelands as they build new lives in the United States.
- Offer to temporarily open your home to newcomers through Airbnb.org. You can also donate to Airbnb.org to help cover the costs of temporary housing for newcomers.
- Donate airline miles through Miles4Migrants so newcomers seeking refuge can access a free flight to their new home.
The White House announced today that United States Citizenship and Immigration Services will begin accepting applications for people fleeing Ukraine and seeking refuge for entry into the United States on humanitarian parole status with support from a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or other lawfully residing individuals serving as a sponsor – including representatives of non-government organizations. The Department of Homeland Security will be vetting all sponsors and beneficiaries. There is no singular solution to supporting the needs of people seeking refuge in the United States, and Welcome.US is committed to working to grow the durable capacity of the U.S. resettlement system and other permanent pathways to safety for people seeking refuge.
This historic effort is supported by a $3.6 million contribution from Goldman Sachs Gives. A full list of partner organizations can be found here.
Humanitarian Aid to Victims of War in Ukraine - GoFundMe
Currently UUARC is raising funds to provide humanitarian aid to the victims of war in Ukraine after further invasion of Russia onto Ukrainian soil and conflict escalation.
With millions of potential victims in Ukraine, UUARC is fundraising to provide vital medical supplies to victims, care for the injured and refugees, as well as shelter and food to those affected.
UUARC is working closely with UCCA, UWC, and the Ukrainian Embassy in the coordination of aid.
Collection Update 3.18.22 : All donation acceptance paused until April 1st, except for medical, trauma, and hospital supplies.
Continuing Our Mission
For over 75 years, UUARC has helped hundreds of thousands of people in unfortunate circumstances. Below are only a few of our many programs we've developed to enhance the quality of life of Ukrainian communities and individuals throughout the world.
As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, donations to UUARC are tax deductible to the extent provided by law.